Killed in the massacre
- Olivia Vorbarra Vorkosigan, daughter of Prince Xav Vorbarra
- Unnamed son of Prince Xav
- Unnamed son of Piotr Vorkosigan and Olivia
- Unnamed daughter of Piotr Vorkosigan and Olivia
Survivors of the massacre
- Xav Vorbarra: assassins did not get past his guards
- Sonia Vorbarra Vorpatril, daughter of Prince Xav
- Aral Vorkosigan: age 11
- Padma Vorpatril, age 1
Behind the scenes
The author has stated that at the time of the massacre, Aral was at Padma's first birthday party.
Survivors at the Vorpatril home included, besides Aral and Padma, Padma's mother Sonia, the only one of Xav's children to survive the day, though I expect she was seriously injured. She actually survived her parents, in due course, though in whatever case she was deceased before Cordelia came to Barrayar. I do not think her husband survived long, because there are no more siblings for Padma, although Lord Vorpatril might have survived the day, only to be killed sometime during the civil war immediately following.
See 103216.html for details.
Most books mention the massacre. The most detailed information can be found in:
- Shards of Honor chapter 3