The Second Cetagandan War was a war that occurred between Barrayar and Cetaganda, probably during Ezar's reign. It is not directly attested in text; instead, the Cetagandan Invasion is described as the First Cetagandan War, and there is mention of a Third Cetagandan War near the beginning of Aral Vorkosigan's Regency.
It was probably a space-based war concerning control of wormholes, but nothing certain can be stated.
The following tales mention the First Cetagandan War by name:
- Shards of Honor, chapter 2
- The Warrior's Apprentice, chapters 5,6
- Cetaganda, chapter 3
- "The Borders of Infinity"
- Brothers in Arms, chapter 2
The following tales mention the Third Cetagandan War by name:
- The Warrior's Apprentice, chapter 2
- The Vor Game, chapter 2
- Gentleman Jole and the Red Queen, chapter 4
Behind the scenes
- In http://dendarii.com/bujold_faq.html#cetawars, the following authorial statement (dated to April 1995) about the Cetagandan Wars is made: "The invasion of Barrayar was the first war, and the other two wars were much less serious space-based clashes that didn't touch down on either planet."