Barrayaran Recreational Activities covers games, music, dance, and other non-essential enjoyments in Barrayaran living.
Music and Dance[edit | edit source]
- Musical performances at Vorbarr Sultana Company Hall.
- Barrayarans were fond of marches.
- See Barrayaran dances for types of dances.
- There were folk songs.
Games[edit | edit source]
- Historical pretend games featured Vorthalia, Emperor Xian Vorbarra, and other Time of Isolation people.
- Card games included "Star-tarot One-up"
- "Fast-penta or Dare"
- Vor cavalry played polo
- Boot Polo
Hobbies and Miscellany[edit | edit source]
- Some Barrayarans collected banners of all the provinces.
- Hunting was a Vorish activity.
- Fishing, boating, hiking, and camping were known recreations around Vorkosigan Surleau. (various)
- Caving in the Dendarii Mountains.
- Hand-to-hand martial arts were referred to as "judo".
- Horse-back riding and gymkhana competitions.
- Visiting the beach was popular.
- War reenactments and commemorations. 
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Memory chapter 19
- A Civil Campaign
- Diplomatic Immunity chapter 6
- A Civil Campaign chapter 2
- The Warrior's Apprentice chapters 4,5,10,17,19,21
- Komarr chapter 19
- A Civil Campaign chapter 13
- The Warrior's Apprentice chapters 15,16
- The Warrior's Apprentice chapters 1,15,21
- The Vor Game chapter 7
- A Civil Campaign chapters 10,12
- Captain Vorpatril's Alliance chapter 16
- Gentleman Jole and the Red Queen chapter 14
- The Warrior's Apprentice chapter 17
- The Vor Game chapter 17
- The Warrior's Apprentice chapter 18
- Shards of Honor
- Mirror Dance chapter 17
- Barrayar chapters 17,20
- A Civil Campaign chapter 16
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.