We're Getting Mutants in the MCU - The Loop
Do you like this video?
- "Admiral Count Aral Vorkosigan. The colossus of Barrayaran history in this half-century. Conqueror of Komarr, hero of the ghastly retreat from Escobar. For sixteen years Lord Regent of Barrayar during Emperor Gregor’s troubled minority; the Emperor’s trusted Prime Minister in the four years since. Destroyer of Vordarian’s Pretendership, engineer of the peculiar victory of the third Cetagandan war, unshaken tiger-rider of Barrayar’s murderous internecine politics for the past two decades."
- ―Miles thinks about how to describe his father[src]
Notable achievements of the Regency
- Won a peculiar victory over the Cetagandans in the Third Cetagandan War.
- Ended the Komarran Revolt. Some years later, removed military garrisons from Komarran domes.
- Established and enforced the concept of a criminal order.
- Modernized military regulations, eliminating discipline parades.
- Simplified the rules for proles to be able to move between Districts.
- Widened government service to proles.
- Brought uterine replicators into use on Barrayar.
- Removed the torture chambers in ImpSec.
- Expanded enrollment of non-Vor Barrayaran males into the Imperial Service Academy.
- Strengthened the notion of a rule of law.
- Komarr integration scheme allowed Komarrans into upper government and the Imperial Service.
- Held the Barrayaran government together for sixteen years through about half a dozen crises and performed a peaceful transition to Emperor Gregor's rule.